Saturday, November 8, 2014

Lolita52 - Part M

41. Fondest meetup memory
I've been to so few meetups, I can count them on one hand. They were all quite different, so instead of choosing a favourite memory out of them, I'll briefly explain what each one was. My first meetup was with the whole comm, an Easter picnic! It was super fun and I got a Downton Abbey vibe from the meet. My second meet was a train ride, and so many of the other passengers complimented us. The lunch afterwards was delicious, and it was great for getting to know the girls in the comm. The most recent meet I attended was a small picnic with the lolitas at my university, and I got to know both of the other girls much better. The food was really yummy and I enjoyed myself thoroughly.  

42. The ways in which I fit the cliche
I like frills (duh!) and conform to many of the lolita 'rules'. I can't bear to think about wearing a JSK without a blouse, and after a previous beginner faux pas, will always wear a petticoat with a dress when I'm aiming for the lolita silhouette. 

43. The ways in which I do not fit the cliche 
I don't really believe in the 'lolita lifestyle', modern and 'edgy' things are cool too! Someone mentioned a little while ago that they think lolitas who only wear their dresses to meets / conventions are somehow fake, which I don't agree with at all! As long as you're well dressed and fit the aesthetic, there's no reason why anyone can't be a lolita.

No comments:

Post a Comment