Friday, May 8, 2015

Lolita52 - Part N

Haven't done one of these in a while, and it's been over a year since I started the challenge haha



44. How strangers react to my clothes, and how I react to their reactions
I try not to make eye contact with people as I'm walking around by myself, or I just put on a passive poker face. Not that I'm afraid of what people think or would say, but because I'd rather avoid conflict altogether. 
Most people in my city who say anything are very nice about it, though some people do snigger or try to take pictures without permission. The people who do come up and say anything usually say my dresses look nice and whether I'm going to a special event. If I'm in a group, people ask what we're dressed up as and if we're a club. Some people have asked what costume I'm wearing, or what anime I'm cosplaying from too.

I usually just say it's a Japanese street fashion, and most people are happy with that. If people insist that it's a costume, I usually just give them the 'wtf' look and walk away or ignore them. I haven't had anyone bug me after doing that. 


45. Something that was a gift
I've gotten a pair of really nice plain off-white socks from a lacemarket seller, they were new and unworn. They go very nicely with old school coords, though I don't have anything that they work with at the moment.


46. Parasols: Vital or frivolous?
I wouldn't say they're vital, but they're definitely not frivolous! Sun protection is very important, whether you have a plain old brolly or a frilly parasol

I especially like the foldable umbrellas that came with a few mooks last year, I'm sad that I missed out on auctions for them a few months ago (really wish I put in higher bids now). I think they're better than actual parasols since they're cute, practical and functional.




Given the opportunity though, I would still buy a reasonably priced parasol since they look so good with classic coords.

No comments:

Post a Comment